Please view and complete the Questionnaire on Public perception of the democratic process. You can access the questionnaire via the following link:
The preliminary results of the questionnaire completed on line as at 16th May 20013 are as follows:
- Public officials lack accountability
- Public officials generally cannot be trusted to look after community interests.
- Public consultation processes are inadequate
- Decision-making by public bodies generally lacks transparency.
- Scotland doesn’t have a truly independent body to protect the public from abuse by officials.
It was noted also as follows:
- Most of Accountability Scotland members vote in elections (all but two respondents vote).
- There would be a strong inclination to vote for a party which would legislate for greater accountability and transparency in public services and authorities.